Here it is! Information about RAFBHA’s next reunion….
Reunion Coordinator, Cathy Talkington has submitted the following information about Ramey’s upcoming reunion to be held in Albuquerque, April 17th through the 21st. Further details about the reunion is also discussed in the new issue of the RAFBHA newsletter “View From The Tower” which all of you who hold a paid membership will be receiving shortly in the mail. Newsletter Editor, Chris Talkington has worked very hard to put together another excellent issue of “The View” and I’m anxious to receive my copy.
If you have questions about the reunion, please post your comment or question below in the comment section of this post. Cathy will be monitoring this post to answer your question. Also a discussion group has also been set up so we can “talk” more about this exciting upcoming reunion. Everyone can view the comments, but to participate in the discussion, you will need to join the group.
RAMEY AFBHA Albuquerque April 17-21, 2012 Reunion
Tuesday 4/17: Registration & Reception
- Best Western Rio Grande 4 – 7 pm
Wednesday 4/18: Military about Town
- National Museum Nuclear Science & History bus leaves 9 am Ernie Pyle Library
- Lunch – Flying Star
- Bataan Memorial Park
- Return to Rio Grande Hotel 3 pm
- Social Hour—Rio Grande RAFBHA hospitality suite 5 pm Dinner on own
Thursday 4/19: Military & Museums
- Veterans’ Memorial Park Tribute bus leaves 8 :00 am Anderson-Abruzzo Balloon Museum
- Skip Maisels shopping experience with beverage
- National Hispanic Cultural Center & lunch bus returns to hotel 2:30 pm Social Hour—Rio Grande hospitality suite 5 pm
- Dinner with Mariachi band– Church Street Café 6:30 pm
Friday 4/20: Free Day: suggested activities
- Los Alamos—guided by Gerry Giles all day
- Santa Fe – by train
- Albuquerque– local experience of your choice. Suggestions:
Natural History Museum, Rattlesnake Museum, Golf,Botanic Gardens & Aquarium Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, Isotopes Baseball, Old Town, Route 66, Browsing Horseraces,
Sandia Pueblo & Casino, Sandia Peak Tramway, Turquoise Museum,
Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Hot Air Balloon Ride! University of NM
Saturday 4/21: Business and Pleasure
- Business Meeting 10:00 am
- Founders Day Fiesta in Old Town noon – 5:30 pm as you wish Cocktail Hour – Rio Grande 5:30 pm
- Banquet – Rio Grande – flamenco dancers 6:30 pm– guest speaker
It is with regret Kirtland Air Force Base Public relations department canceled our scheduled tour of the base. Due to military cutbacks in budgets, not only did the public affairs officer lose her job, but the entire department faced major cut-backs and curtailed all scheduled tours.